In an effort to limit the impact to commuters, residents and businesses at any given time, the South End Water Main (SWM) Improvement Project will be phased out in sections along South Blvd. Although the work is not taking place simultaneously, there will still be some overlap throughout the project. This overlap is detailed below and will be updated throughout the duration of the work.
PHASE 11 TRAFFIC IMPACTS
Phase 11 of the project will begin the week of June 13th with the moving of the barrier wall through the intersection of Tremont Ave., ending just north of the E. Worthington Ave. intersection. This work is expected to last approximately three months.
- The Tremont Ave. intersection at South Blvd. will be closed to vehicular traffic (traffic cannot crossover South Blvd.)
- South Blvd. Southbound Traffic
- No left turns onto Tremont Ave. (heading eastbound)
- Right turn remains open onto Tremont Ave. (heading westbound)
- Left turn is allowed at Cleveland Ave.
- No left turn onto E. Worthington Ave.
- South Blvd. Northbound Traffic
- Left turn is open into Atherton Ave.
- No left turn onto Tremont Ave. (heading westbound)
- Right turn remains open onto Tremont Ave. (heading eastbound
- Right turn remains open onto E. Worthington Ave.
During this phase, there will be a two-month closure of E Tremont Ave. between the LYNX Light Rail and South Blvd. There will also be a two-week closure between Cleveland Ave. and South Blvd. A pedestrian crosswalk will remain open at all times at the intersection of E. Tremont Ave. and South Blvd. Please text southendwater to 31996 for the most up-to-date information on Phase 11 closures.
Summer 2020 – Fall 2020
Preliminary Field Investigation & Planning
- Located underground utilities
- Geotechnical Investigations
Design & Permitting
- Drawings developed for permits and construction
Sewer Rehabilitation Work
- This includes the lining and repairing of the existing sewer lines within the same corridor of the new water line work