MONTHLY VIRTUAL MEETINGS
Stay tuned each month for a virtual meeting update. Please find previous recordings below:
We hope these FAQs are helpful for you!
If you find that you still have some unanswered questions that you would like a project team member to answer, please use the Contact Us page to submit your questions and we will be happy to have a project team member follow up with you.
The South End area is experiencing a high rate of development and the current system in place cannot accommodate its projected growth. This new water main is designed and constructed to address the current and projected water demands of the area, and will replace an existing system previously installed in the 1920s and 1930s. The new system will be able to supply approximately 4-times the volume of the one currently in place.
The preliminary design and planning work on the project began in Summer 2020. Construction began in Fall 2020 and is expected to be complete Fall 2022.
- Staging of materials and large digging equipment.
- Periodic temporary water service outages. Scheduled outages can be anticipated from 9am-4pm. Notification will be provided prior to any planned service interruption.
- Lane closures on South Boulevard between Scaleybark Road and Worthington Avenue as we work to complete construction. Detour routes will be available as needed.
- Staging, setup and cleanup may occur anytime between 7am – 7pm, Monday through Friday.
- Most active construction work can be anticipated to occur between the hours of 8am-5pm, Monday through Friday. If needed, periodic night and weekend construction work may take place.
- Schedules are subject to change due to weather and other conditions.
The project team hosts a virtual meeting each month to discuss how the project is progressing and answer any questions you may have. To review the previously recorded meetings, please visit our Virtual Meetings section. You can also text SOUTHENDWATER to 31996 to sign up for text alerts.
The project team is here to help answer any questions you may have and assist with any needs that arise to help make this project as minimally intrusive to the area as possible. For specific questions regarding this work, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also contact Charlotte Water Project Manager, Will Rice.